Skip to main content

9/22/21

 Dear Grandma,

Thank you for being the most amazing role model a kid could have ever needed. You were very loving and kind. There were many times you put others before yourself. Especially when you needed to take care of yourself. Which Isn't really the greatest of traits. You had cancer and were focusing on everyone else. I miss you very much. 

Things haven't been the same since you died. The family essentially fell apart. Now that I'm older I can see why. When I was a kid, though, I just felt like the glue that kept us close just deteriorated. Watching you die at 12 was very traumatic as it was. But then I lost all my cousins. 

I miss your smile, your laugh, and your voice. I try really hard to live up to the person I know you want me to be. I want you to be proud of me and all my accomplishments. I still want to be like you. I even got into nursing school! When they called me, I had cried ... ALOT! Happy tears of course. 

I've been in the nursing program for a whole month now. It's been a doozy. We are in the "middle" of a pandemic that has made it harder for me. I'm not an online learner. Thankfully we still have our skills lab. I got sick and they told me I couldn't come in for two weeks though. That was really hard for me. I feel very behind. I'm working really hard to get everything done though. Should be all caught up tomorrow. 

Love,

Your Grand-daughter

Comments